I figure it's about time I made one of these. I've written one long, multi-chapter fic and a bunch of one-shot pieces (including several 221bs). multi-chapter ficAll Our Gifts At Once, or The Young Sea-Man
- John Watson, storyteller and shipwright's son, walks way from his entire life in Portsmouth to follow the mysterious Sherlock Holmes to London. Victorian AU, non-magical retelling of Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid
. 47.5k.chapter 1: Portsmouthchapter 2: The Isle of Wightchapter 3: Southsea Commonchapter 4: Sandleford, near Eastleighchapter 5: London, Part I: Westminsterchapter 6: London, Part II: Islingtonchapter 7: London, Part III: South Bankchapter 8: Portsmouth HarborEpilogue: Aldershot, 1895one-shots with some kind of plot
not necessarily a lot
of plot, just by comparison to the other listIntimate Knowledge
- Everyone kills for a different reason. Sherlock's got to understand somehow. warning for graphic violence and disturbing themes.
a remix of Murder Will Out
. (5.5k)The Thought That Counts
- John and Sherlock have a pointed chat about what makes a good birthday present and what doesn't. A sort of a missing scene for Many Happy Returns. written for Orithea for winterlock 2014. Absurd, ridiculous fluff. (1.5k)Threshold
- Amid the cases, John and Sherlock try to navigate some new kinds of intimacy. And/or/incidentally: five times Sherlock closed the door on John, and one time he didn’t. Written for rhuia
December 2013. (8k)Into the Woods
- A modern-day realist take on an old fairy tale, wherein Mrs. Hudson catches a cold, Sherlock catches a killer, and John kicks ass. warning for canon-typical violence
. (5k)just people talking to each other basicallythe thing that I keep in the back of my head - The night before he ships out to Afghanistan, second lieutenant John Watson winds up at an officers' party, talking to a rather extraordinary woman. songfic based on I Know What I Know by Paul Simon. Written for the Graceland Album Challenge.Cold Making Warmth - Even years later, some clients are still sending Christmas cards. songfic inspired by The Atheist Christmas Carol by Vienna Teng. (2.5k)Links to the podfic made by the super-awesome Consultingsmartarse can be found here.My Heart The Red Sun, Your Heart The Moon Clouded - Not all mysteries need to be solved. John and Sherlock spend an evening on the porch in Sussex, thinking about the past. songfic inspired by Mystery by the Indigo Girls, aka the Johnlockiest song that has ever happened, and I hate that portmanteau but that's how badly I needed it to describe this song okay (1.6k) Now with an amazing podfic by Consultingsmartarse! Listen to it here.Balance - That Missing Scene from The Sign of Three; Sherlock teaches John to waltz. Pining-palooza. (2k)Foiled - Even John "Three Continents" Watson hits the occasional cultural barrier. (665)221bsOne for the Files
- Every good disguise involves pedestrian details, too. remixed awesomely by 30percent
: PredictableA Gift Horse
- Apparently, everybody hears "punch me in the face" when Sherlock talks.Smells Like Classical Spirit
- Sherlock isn't on the cutting edge of quite everything. John and Sherlock at a punk show (for a case, of course.)Four Words
- Being far from home only gets harder, the longer it wears on. set during Reichenbach hiatus.Impossible Standards
- Heroes don't exist, of course. Where, after all, is the man that has everything?
....and a couple of 3-flat problems (tm LapOtter
: a 221a, a 221b, and a 221c):The Rule of Three
- John's the writer, of course. Sherlock just helps.A Study In Potato Pancakes
- at this rate, John's not sure he can handle eight nights of crazy.
...and a 5+1 made up of 221bs:Five Times, At Baker Street
- John and Sherlock, together in Baker Street. a serious of snapshot-length historical AUs.
...AND a drabble advent calendar
, made up of proper drabbles and 221bs.